domingo, 2 de mayo de 2010

There goes

There goes my last chance
It escaped the minute you left my bed
And the chill morning air came in through the window
Every inch of me starts to shiver
At the mere possibility of your touch
But now it’s cold

I’ve never had the words that move you
Make you smile or make you feel beautiful
But still I pretend I do
It escapes me what you saw or see
But it doesn’t matter now anyway
It’s long long gone

Meanwhile, I’ll try to figure it out
With my limited tools at hand
But I promise I’ll smile
And convince you that I’m alright

And every day now the morning light
Hurts way more than it used to
And dreamland is a wanted escape
But I know it won’t last forever
Although no escape seems near
I’ll have to let you go, eventually

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario